South Wiltshire UTC Safeguarding Statement
South Wiltshire UTC is committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all students. We strongly believe that young people have a right to learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment which includes the right to protection from all types of abuse.
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome.
The UTC safeguards students with reference to the following three Department for Education guidance documents:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015;
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016;
- The Prevent Duty 2015.
At South Wiltshire UTC, we work very closely with partner agencies, the local authority and parents to ensure young people visiting or attending the UTC are safe. All staff receive annual Safeguarding/ Child Protection training as well as regular updates and are fully aware of the procedures for passing on concerns within the UTC.
The Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and other relevant policies are available to parents/carers and students on this website.
If any members of the UTC or local community have concerns about the welfare of a young person at the UTC, please pass them on to the School Safeguarding and Child Protection Team.
DESIGNATED LEAD FOR SAFEGUARDING (DSL)
Mrs Maria Garcia (Director of Students Services/SENCO) email@example.com 01722 444000 (ext. 225)
Mr Matt Trehy (Vice principal) (Mondays - Wednesdays) firstname.lastname@example.org 01722 444000
Mrs Christine Charles (Pastoral Lead) (Mondays - Wednesdays) email@example.com 01722 444000 (ext. 225)